Making a Great First Impression: A Guide for Potential Surrogates Meeting with a Surrogacy Agency
As a potential surrogate, your meeting with a surrogacy agency is an important step in your journey to helping families grow. It’s your chance to show your commitment and make a great first impression. This article will provide you with tips on how to prepare for your meeting, and how to make a lasting impact on the agency. Whether you’re a first-time surrogate or have been through the process before, these guidelines will help you make the most of your meeting and increase your chances of being selected to participate in a surrogacy journey.
Becoming a surrogate is a selfless act that requires a great deal of time, effort, and dedication. As a result, surrogacy agencies are often very selective when it comes to choosing the right candidate. Your meeting with the agency is your chance to make a good impression and make it through the first step of the screening process- the initial interview.
The first step in making a good impression is to prepare well in advance. Dress appropriately for the interview and make sure that you are taking the call from a quiet place. Do some research about the surrogacy agency you'll be meeting with so you have a good understanding of their values, goals, and services. Familiarize yourself with the surrogacy process so you're able to answer any questions the agency may have about your experience and qualifications.
What to bring:
When you attend your meeting, be sure to have a digital copy of your ID and proof of residency. If possible, bring a digital copy of your medical records and any test results, a list of any medications you're taking, a list of your hobbies and interests, a few photos of yourself and your family, and a list of references (if requested).
Making a lasting impact:
When it comes to making a good impression, it's not just about your background, but also how you present yourself.
- Be on time: This may seem like a no-brainer, but being on time is crucial. It shows
that you're dependable and respectful of others' time.
- Dress appropriately: Wear clothes that are comfortable and professional. You want to look your best, but also make sure you're dressed in a way that makes you feel confident and at ease.
- Be confident and friendly: Smile, make eye contact, and be engaging. Show the agency that you're passionate about surrogacy and that you're ready to be a part of the journey.
- Be open and honest: Be honest about your experience and qualifications, and be open to answering any questions the agency may have. Remember, they're trying to get to know you, so the more information you can provide, the better.
- Ask questions: Show that you're interested in the agency and the surrogacy process by asking questions. This will also help you gain a better understanding of what's expected of you as a surrogate. To learn more about questions potential surrogates should ask before choosing a surrogacy agency, read our blog.
Your meeting with a surrogacy agency is an important step in your journey as a surrogate. By preparing well, bringing the right documents, and presenting yourself in a confident and friendly manner, you'll be able to make a good impression and increase your chances of being selected to participate in a surrogacy journey. Remember, surrogacy is a rewarding and life-changing experience, and by making a great first impression, you'll be well on your way to making a positive impact on the lives of future parents.